Thursday, September 17, 2015

It's fall y'all and time for a new season of TV!!!

I have felt completely unmotivated this late summer to research and write the blog for this upcoming TV season. Shame on me, I have failed my duty to you all to be on my top TV watching game so that you don't have such a hard time slogging through all of the options and deciding what to watch this fall; BUT as some shows are starting THIS WEEK... I figured I should get on the ball. As always I have done the heavy lifting for you, you're welcome- I am willing to accept tokens of gratitude in the form of unending compliments and gift cards.
This coming fall season will the first since 2000 that I don't have cable/satellite and the first year since probably 2005 that we don't have DVR which means that any show I commit to will really be the tits because I don't have it all recorded at my fingertips whenever I want to watch. The following underlined shows are linked to a preview so you can check out what they're about. You're welcome. 

Monday


Life in Pieces CBS- September 21- 7:30- I have seen countless advertisements for Life in Pieces this summer while watching Big Brother and it didn't look all that good, however the linked preview makes me want to like it. There is a pretty solid cast so I will definitely give this one at least an episode or 2 to catch my attention. It seems partly cheesy and meh and partly great, maybe just because of the cast I want to watch just a little bit.






Supergirl CBS-October 26- 7:30- I'm not really into the" superhero thing" I still have yet to watch any of The Avenger movies.  I had no intention of watching Supergirl, why would I? BUT after watching this preview, it looks GOOD- maybe even if you're not into the supers. I doubt I'll have time to add this to my very busy TV schedule this fall considering my lack of DVR but we'll see.






Minority Report FOX- September 21- 8::00- I don't know what to think about this one yet, based on the great movie with kookoopants Tom Cruise- the show could be amazing, or it could be a complete disappointment- it really could go either way.  I will for sure watch at least one episode and decide where to go from there.







Blindspot -NBC- September 21- 9:00- This show looks so badass, I really hope it lives up to the potential shown in the preview.  It reminds me of a cross between the movie Memento and the TV show Blacklist. I'm very interested to see whether or not it will be a success, I certainly think it could be an action packed hit.






Crazy Ex-Girlfriend- CW- October 19- 7:00-  I don't know what to think about Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, I don't relate to this psycho at all. I'm sure we, the audience are supposed to feel pity for her and feel like pulling for the underdog in a lighthearted crazy chick way... But I feel like there are genuinely people out there in the world who will relocate to another part of the country for a nonexistent relationship and that's kind of scary. So I vote no on this craziness if for no other reason than to discourage craziness.

Tuesday

Muppets ABC- September 22- 7:00- WHAT?!?!? I was excited about this show the moment I saw a preview for it. I CAN'T WAIT!  I love the parody "The Office" filming style and potential story line. I think that this will introduce The Muppets to a whole new generation of people. Yay!



Fresh off the boat ABC- September 22- 7:30- If you don't watch Fresh off the Boat, there's something Whong with you.... ha! get it??  Whong? Blue loves those kinds of jokes. Chad and I have enjoyed "Fresh" since it premiered last season. Do I relate to the title character Eddie who has a strict Asian mother? No. But is so funny! If you haven't watched and you like to laugh you should check it out, and if you don't like Fresh of the Boat- you're racist.





Quantico -ABC- September 27- 9:00- As much as I like action mystery type shows- this one seems VERY implausible. Maybe not, but generally I feel that a federal agent who has custody of a terror suspect doesn't release them on the hunch that they are innocent and being framed, then advise them to clear their name whilst on the run from the federal government.  That may have worked in 1997 but that won't fly today... They'd have a drone on her in no time. So I don't think this one will be a keeper.

***Wicked City  ABC-October 27- 9:00-  Somehow in my initial research I skipped this show which is a huge mistake, because Wicked City looks AMAZING!!  Ed Westwick and Erika Christensen play two psychos who fall in love and kill people, set on Sunset Strip in the 80s there will be plenty of great music and murder, lots of murder.  I can't wait!!

Limitless  CBS- September 22- 9:00- I was so excited when I saw that Limitless was going to be a new TV show. First of all, Bradley Cooper, second of all- Limitless the movie was great.  If they stick with the story and keep tidbits of BC peppered about- I'm in! However I will say that bearded Bradley Cooper is not so hot, I guess the beard is his flaw.


NCIS:New Orleans- how is this show still on the air? The accents alone are enough to make me want to strangle them all. Please, world at large do not judge Louisiana on the horrendous accents
displayed in this atrocious show

Grandfathered FOX- September 29- 7:00-  I am 99% sure this show is going to tank.  John Stamos plays a fancyschmancy restaurant owner who says he wants nothing more than a family, then what to his wondering eyes do appear.... a grown son with a young daughter.  Of course hilarity ensues (not really, just predictable hijinks). I'll pass.






The Grinder  - FOX- September 29- 7:30- I SO want The Grinder to be a good show because: Rob Lowe. Also Fred Savage is in it so this show may be good- but they could have maybe thought of a better name for "The Grinder"- because I just think gay hookup app, but maybe that's just me... and every gay guy.  The premise is that Rob Lowe's character has been a lawyer on TV for 8ish seasons, when the series ends he decides he should become a real lawyer like his dad and brother.  There is potential for good/bad is equal.

Scream Queens FOX- September 22- 7:00- SCREAM QUEENS!!! This show seems like a cross between the movie Scream and American Horror Story: Coven (which is my favorite so far). Created by the creator of AHS and Glee.... I think it will rock.
 Evil sorority bitches and their pledges have horror reigned upon them, what could be better?







Heartbreaker -NBC-There are too many medical dramas, FAR too many.  Heartbreaker stars some chick who plays a heart surgeon who... something something blaah blaah- it doesn't really look that good. Also I can't remember what the main chick is in, but I remember not being a fan of her, at all. Blaah. PASS!!
Delayed due to pregnancy- that's ok, it looks like it sucks anyway.


Best Time Ever -NBC- September 15- 9:00- Neil Patrick Harris stars in a new variety show. I don't know if anybody even watches variety shows or not, I heard it's pretty awesome and will probably give it a try. So if you're a fan of the variety show, give it a shot!!  After all, Neil Patrick Harris is pretty dang awesome!



iZombie- CW- October 6- 8:00-  I LOVE iZombie! It's obviously not a realistic show but the premise is: a med student gets scratched by an infected person on a houseboat party, everyone onboard dies... or do they?  Med student wakes up in a body bag the next day with a hankering for brains, she quits med studenting and starts working at the morgue- with plenty of access to brains for eating. However when she eats brains she takes on the brain's former owner's personality traits and memories- sometimes allowing her to help solve murder mysteries. This coming season is the second, so if you have a chance to catch up, I recommend that you do.



Wednesday

The Goldbergs-ABC -September 23- 7:30 The Goldbergs is one of our favorite shows that comes on TV!  It totally reminds me of growing up in the 80s.  Chad's mom is totally Beverly Goldberg, it's definitely the throwback wonder years type show for 30 somethings. If you haven't watched it yet, you should!



Survivor- CBS- September 23- 7:00- I sometimes watch Survivor and sometimes don't, but this time with Shreveport Fire Department's own Keith returning for the second chance season- check it out!!!




Code Black- CBS- September 30- 9:00- Meeeeh, I'm really not feeling it.  Besides the fact that there are far too many medical dramas on TV, Code Black seems unrealistic at best. The dialogue is cheesy and predictable and the medical cases presented thus far seem overly dramatisized.  I vote no on Code Black, however I'm also usually very wrong about shows that don't appeal to me so it may be a complete hit!!

Rosewood-FOX- September 23- 7:00- I think I want to like Rosewood... but I don't think I will, it's just a gut feeling. Are there private pathologists that police departments hire to do super special autopsies? I feel like a police department doesn't have the budget for that.  Plus the sexual tension between him and the lead detective seems forced, or at least nonexistent. I'll pass.







 Empire- FOX- September 23 - 8:00-  I belatedly watched the first season of Empire, I binge watched it all in a day. It was SO good!!! If you haven't watched season one yet, you still have time,

Mysteries of Laura- NBC- September 23- 7:00- HOW is this show still on TV??  It seems like a spoof cop show... except it's not, the dialogue is SO bad. How bad is it you ask? Do any real life police officers pull their gun and say "game over"? I'm pretty sure the answer to that is an emphatic NO. Don't watch this show, seriously.

 
Thursday
I can't wait for TGIT, even though it will start at 7pm and I won't be able to watch real time, I'll mostly have to watch belatedly online... my heaert still belongs to Grey's, Scandal and HTGAWM

Grey's Anatomy ABC- September 24- 7:00- Who doesn't love Grey's? Exactly!!!

Scandal -ABC-September 24- 8:00- WHAAAAT?  Finally! I don't see puppies and rainbows ahead for Fitz and Liv but... I have a hope that in the end they'll ride off into the sunset together.

How to Get Away With Murder-ABC- September 24- 9:00- If I ever need a murder lawyer I hope to have one like Analise, she rocks. Her law students not so much, those murdery students!

Angel from Hell- CBS- November 5- 8:30- I love Jane Lynch, she's the best.  Jane plays a guardian angel for a doctor who needs to loosen up a little. From the commercial Angel from Hell looks hilarious and I hope that it will be.









Heroes Reborn- NBC- September 24- 7:00- I watched Heroes the first time around until I quit watching when it started getting a little twisty and complicated. Also I wasn't a fan of Milo Ventimiglia's mouth.   Heroes Reborn looks like it'll be good for any of you who are fans of the original.








Blacklist- NBC- October 1- 8:00- SO GOOD, watch it.

The Player -NBC- September 24- 9:00- Whoa, The Player looks more like an action packed movie than a weekly TV show. There's an elite group of rich people who bet on crimes. I really don't know any other way to describe the show, but I'm going to watch it!



Vampire Diaries-CW- October 8- 7:00
The Originals- CW- October 8- 8:00


Friday
Dr. Ken- ABC- October 2- 7:30- Even though I love the real Dr. Ken...I really don't know if I'll even watch one episode of the show, I'm so not a fan of laugh track comedies so I'm 99% sure I'm out on Dr. Ken. Sorry doc.
Amazing Race





People Are Talking -NBC- October 16- 7:30- Mostly I think people are talking about how horrible this show looks... seriously, it looks like a total stinker.  The first indication being that they have changed the name from Truth be Told to People are Talking  since the trailer was released on youtube.  It just doesn't look very funny. As much as I like Mark Paul Gosselaar... I just can't.


Saturday  
*** Ash vs. Evil Dead  STARZ- October 31- 8:00-  I usually don't do most pay cable shows on here because there are so many and I don't watch most.... but LOVED Army of Darkness (the 3rd movie in the Evil Dead series) when I was younger. Will I watch Ash vs. Evil Dead? Probably not, but I might just for a little throwback feel.
 


Sunday


***The Walking Dead AMC-October 11-8:00- Oh Muh Guuuh- This season of The Walking Dead looks like it is going to be SOOOOO good!!!  I can't wait until the 90 minute premiere.  For those who have been bored for the past season-ish- this season my jumpstart some new excitement. 

***Into the Badlands  AMC-November 15- 9:00- I hadn't heard of Into the Badlands until I did some further digging on new shows premiering this fall.  It looks like a man's man's badass show for sure. 



Blood and Oil- ABC- September 27-8:00- This looks like a cross between Dallas and any other random drama. There's blood and oil (obviously) but also family drama, sex, fights, guns, dirt and money. I feel like Blood and Oil will be a dramatic hit. I'll watch it for sure.




Of Kings and Prophets ABC- TBA- Of Kings and Prophets is about something in the bible... please excuse my ignorance and exaustedness and not wanting to research exactly who and what it's about beyond the broad description of "something in the bible". Of Kings and Prophets looks like it could be a really good show.




Brooklyn Nine Nine- FOX- September 27- 7:30- Andy Samberg- LOVE HIM. Watch it.







Last Man on Earth FOX- September 27- 8:30- Apparently this show is HIGHLY controversial and people either love it or hate it, I for one love it and can't wait for season two.  What will President Tandy's next adventure be??

No comments:

Post a Comment